Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Classroom Organizer from Booksource



If you are a teacher (especially elementary) and don't know about this fantastic new tool, you need to learn about it!  First of all, it's FREE!!!  ABSOLUTELY, 100% FREE!!! What teacher doesn't love that!  This tool is a way to organize your classroom library.  It is also a great checkout/return system for your classroom library books.  It evens has a free app to use on iPods or iPads. 

It's super easy.  Here is what you need to do.  

  1. Set up a teacher account. 
  2. Add your books.  This is the hard part.  I was very thankful that my crazy type A personality already had kept a catalog of all my books in an Excel file.  You can import an Excel file, type them in or scan them in.  
  3. Decide what info you or your kiddos want to see.  There are a ton of options (reading level, AR, etc)
  4. Set up your class with your students' names. 
  5. Show the kids how it works!

I showed this to my students today and they are so excited.  They can't wait to review the books when they return them (something that I thought was a really cool added feature!).  

I also love that I can generate reports to see what my kids are reading, how long they've had something, and if they are choosing good fit books.  I obviously can't oversee every book pick in our library so this helps me monitor it easier than the old paper/pencil check-out I used to have! 

We can't wait to start tomorrow with the check-out process!  Hope you enjoy this as much as we do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment