Thursday, September 13, 2012

ScootPad

We do Tech Talks at school on Thursdays, so I'm going to try to update my blog on Thursdays as well with Tech Tips!  I've haven't blogged long enough to make certain things on certain days yet, but with my love of technology, I'll gladly share something once a week.

Scootpad is new.  Scootpad hasn't even been around for a year yet.  It's picking up steam thanks to Pinterest and word of mouth.  We are trying for the first time with all the third graders this year during our differentiation block.  Here's what I love about it!


  • It's aligned to Common Core - LOVE when things are!
  • It's easy to customize.  Our students all learn differently, so it's awesome when they can all be on the same learning tool but doing different things at their level.
  • It's something that parents can be involved with.  They can check their child's progress and set rewards. 
  • Speaking of rewards, students can earn rewards set by the teacher which fits in our positive reinforcement that is stressed at our building. 
  • REPORTS! In this age f reporting data, using data to make diff groups, RTI, etc... the more data the better!
  • It's super easy to set up and manage. 
  • It looks like fun for the kids with a dashboard, messages, etc.  All the messages they can send are pre-programmed and POSITIVE! 
  • IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!
Try it out!  I love it and can't wait to try it with my students once the computer lab opens again after MAP testing.  




No comments:

Post a Comment