Monday, September 24, 2012

Math Facts

Well, math facts are starting to rock our world!  We have a new math curriculum - Math Expressions.  I like it so far but it was a HUGE change for everyone and even bigger change that we started the year with multiplication!  This is a big jump for kids that can't even always add or subtract correctly.

Needless to say, we have been doing a ton of facts fluency practice.  With the new Common Core standards, our cut-offs for grades are also much more strict (and frankly pretty tough) compared to what they used to be.  

I decided to have my students graph their progress to help them feel little successes along the way. 

Feel free to download what I made from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  

1 comment:

  1. I love mathematics and have trouble understanding why aptitudes rise and fall in developed nations over a few years. It leads me to question the survey methods, of course. :)

    Math facts

    ReplyDelete